NEWS

COVID-19: OGUN DISCHARGES 6, RECORDS 2 NEW CASES …Mobile testing commences this week



The Ogun State Ministry of Health weekend announced two additional cases of confirmed COVID-19 patients, just as it said facilities for mobile testing would be made public this week.

The Commissioner for Health, Dr Tomi Coker who gave this account said, “This was the situation as at 11:30pm on Saturday”.

Altogether, 12 confirmed cases (9 males; 3 females) have been recorded at the time, Dr Coker said.

The two new cases, according to her, had contact with an earlier case who reportedly had international travel history.

Dr Coker said the patients were currently under close monitoring in one of the Isolation Centres in the State.

To stem the tide of the virus spreading beyond these new cases, “all close contacts of the patients have been promptly identified and placed under observation, while authorities continued contact tracing to identify, isolate and quarantine all other possible contacts,” the commissioner added.

She disclosed that of the 12 cases, so far reported in the State, seven were “imported cases”. Five out of the 12 had five international travel histories, while the other two cases had travelled to Lagos (local travel histories). The other five cases contracted the virus through those who had these travel records.

Ogun had investigated 210 contacts across 6 local government areas. 110 had been isolated and discharged after test conducted on them proved negative. About 100 others are currently under observation.

The LGAs where cases had been concluded include: Ipokia (73), Sagamu (71), Ewekoro (39), Yewa South (24), Obafemi Owode (3) and Odogbolu (3).

Dr. Coker stated, in addition to the 9 confirmed cases scattered across these LGAs, three confirmed cases have emerged from Ikenne LGA, making it the 7th affected LGA.

Dr Coker reiterated the State Government preparedness to combat the corona virus with the purchase of two molecular laboratories, while plans for a mobile testing facilities have also been concluded.
“In addition, the government is also establishing a drive-through testing facilities, all in an effort to test as many as possible so as to truly confirm that numbers of positive cases we have are a true reflection of the situation in our state”, she stressed

Categories: NEWS

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.